History

In 1949 Prof. Dr. Rudolf Berthold founded the company under the name “Laboratorium Prof. Dr. Rudolf Berthold“ in Bad Wildbad.
In 1960, his son, Dr. Fritz Berthold took over the management of the company until 1989, when it was acquired by the U.S. company EG&G Inc., later named PerkinElmer Inc.
Dr. Fritz Berthold
In the year 2000 the Berthold family together with Hans J. Oberhofer, purchased the BERTHOLD business units Process Control, Bioanalytic and Radiation Protection from PerkinElmer and continued these businesses under the name Berthold Technologies GmbH & Co. KG, with Hans J. Oberhofer as Managing Director and  Dr. Fritz Berthold as Chairman of the Board. In 2003 Dr. Wilfried Reuter joined the company as Technical Director and partner.

f.l.t.r.: Dr. Wilfried Reuter, Dr. Fritz Berthold, Hans J. Oberhofer

In April 2012 Hans J. Oberhofer retired as Chairman of the Board of Management for reasons of age; however, he is still active as a member of the Advisory Board.
In May 2012 Horst Knauff took over the business as CEO.
Horst Knauff

31 December 2012 Dr. Wilfried Reuter resigned his position as Technical Director, but he is still availabe as consultant and limited partner.

For the position as Technical Director Dr. Dirk Mörmann could be allured. He is available as CTO since 2 January 2015.
Dr. Dirk Mörmann
On the occassion of the asset deal with Berthold Detection Systems GmbH in January 2017 and incorporation of this company into our business unit Bioanalytic, Dr. Anselm Berthold took over the position as Business Unit Manager.
picture of Dr. Anselm Berthold will follow