Simple and intuitive operation
- Mechanically compatible with LB 6652/6752 installations
- Compatible with LB 452 castXpert
- Automatic calibration rig for steel and powder level supplied
State of the art technology
- Measures the steel level and the powder level simultaneously
- Uses SiPM technology
- Superior safety with automatic detection and
compensation if a scintillation failure should occur
Replacing the conventional Vacuum Photomultiplier Tube (PMT) with SiPM technology allows for a very small and compact design. With improved ruggedness, low power consumption, virtually no degradation, and built-in redundancy, SiPM technology is ideal for demanding mold level applications.
Measuring the steel level in continuous casting
Radiometric based mold level measurement is the dominating technology for measuring the steel level in continuous casting. Herein we discuss performance, statistical variation, influencing factors, source selection, and a recent development that enables the simultaneous measurement of casting powder layer thickness.
Measurement solutions for the steel industry Measurement Solutions for the Steel Industry
English | PDF | 1.3 MB