Simple and intuitive operation
- Highest reliability
- Very robust
- Applicable for all mold types
State of the art technology
- Virtually unlimited measuring ranges possible
- Automatic voltage control and self-diagnostics
- Minimum source activity due to high-sensitive detectors
- Constantly high accuracy over the whole measurement range
LB 6739 perfect for standard applications
- Slim design, low space requirements
- CsI crystal with high sensitivity for gamma radiation
- Highly durable against mechanical shocks and vibrations due to elastic bedding of crystal and photomultiplier.
LB 6752 for demanding applications
- Large polymer scintillator for increased sensitivity and precision
- Allow for lower source activities
- For use of smaller and cost-efficient shields
LB 6760 with solid state silicon photomultiplier
- Extremely robust detector due to innovative silicon solid state photomultiplier technology
- Electromagnetic immune towards breaks or stirrers
- High sensitivity (similar as LB 6739)
Designed for all casting applications
GAMMAcast detectors are characterized by their excellent sensitivity, leading to a significant reduction of source size. The robust detector design and the PlugProtect cable connection ensure highest mechanical stability and longest lifetime.
As a direct request from several key-customers in the steel industry, we have also offer a shorter version of the LB 6760 GAMMAcast detector.
Measuring the steel level in continuous casting
Radiometric based mould level measurement is the dominating technology for measuring the steel level in continuous casting. Herein we discuss performance, statistical variation, influencing factors, source selection, and that recent development has brought the ability to also simultaneously measure the thickness of the casting powder layer. Continuous casting improves quality and reduces the production costs considerably. These advantages, as well as the improvement of the process in general, have led to the fact that today almost all steel production is done through continuous casting.