If the solid content is too high, the friction and therefore the stress on the pipeline and pumps would drastically increase. On the other hand, if the amount of water is too high, more energy and water is needed to reach the target quantity transported. Since slurries and other mining suspensions are often very abrasive, corrosive, and viscous, many measuring methods are not able to reliably measure concentrations under these conditions or would not withstand them long enough to be economically viable.
Berthold provides for this application non-contacting and non-intrusive product density measurement solutions, which are therefore long-lasting and without future maintenance. The concentration, density and solid content of slurries and suspensions are measured continuously.
- No disturbance in the flow and transport properties by the measurement
- Small measuring ranges possible
- Ideal solution for process optimization which increases the lifetime of pipelines
- Virtually no operating costs
- Wear-resistant and maintenance-freeas measurement is contactless
- Easy to install clamp-on system
- Not affected by aggressive process media, such as abrasive, corrosive and viscous slurries and suspension
- Non-contacting and non-intrusive measurement
- No need for frequent recalibration
- Online, real-time process information
- Highly reliable long-term solution
- Highly repeatable measurement