Mold level measuring principle by Berthold!
Gamma radiation is attenuated as it passes through the mold. This attenuation is measured by a detector. The extent to which the radiation is attenuated depends on the mold level. The higher the level of molten metal in the mold, the less radiation will reach the detector. In this manner, the mold level can be reliably monitored – irrespective of dust, temperature and vibrations. The radiometric measurement is maintenance-free and applicable for all mold types and sizes. Beside the typical installation on slab and billet casters it is also successfully applied on beam-blank and round casters.
Simple and intuitive operation
- Easy to use, intuitive, multilingual user interface
- Highest safety and robustness of measurement
- Supports automatic start-up
- Handles up to 4 measuring channels per unit
State of the art technology
- Technological leader in radiometric measurements
- Extremely fast, cycle time of evaluation unit 5 ms
- Sensor based on the SiPM technology
- Sensor immune towards EMS and EMBr
AOS - Activity Optimized Source
In this particular type of rod source the accuracy in the upper part of the measuring range can be increased significantly by optimizing the distribution of activity. Especially for small formats the statistical noise is minimized, without increasing the overall activity of the source.
Or if you are content with the accuracy? In this case AOS can be used to reduce the source activity while maintaining the same accuracy. Depending on the application, the use of smaller shields is possible. In many cases the more cost-efficient lead may be used instead of tungsten.