LEARN FROM OUR EXPERTS about how to optimize your radiometric steel level measurement to increase accuracy, profitability and safety. Our top minds will take you through finding solutions to the challenges faced when measuring the steel level.
The Berthold mould level systems fulfill this role reliably and accurately. Several thousand strands throughout the world are equipped with Berthold systems.
Berthold provides measuring systems to solve this challenging measurement application. Depending on the requirements and measurement conditions, the optimum technology is selected.
- Increased productivity and quality
- Optimized costs
- Can be used for all mould formats
- Can also be offered with continuous mould powder level measurement
- Reliable and extremely robust mould level measurement
- Radiometric based measurement
- Can be applied for all mould formats
- Fully compatible with electromagnetic stirrers or breaks
- Extremely short cycle time of 5 ms
- Mould powder measurement cycle of 0,5 s
- Most widely used system for mould level measurement in the world
Measuring the steel level in continuous casting
Radiometric based mould level measurement is the dominating technology for measuring the steel level in continuous casting. Herein we discuss performance, statistical variation, influencing factors, source selection, and a recent development that enables the simultaneous measurement of casting powder layer thickness.