Typically, a radiometric belt weigher is installed prior to the washing plants. It measures the mass flow of the sugar beets / sugar cane very reliably by using non-contacting radiometric technology. A further application is found directly after unloading of the beets or cane to control the amount of delivered products. When compared to conventional belt scales the radiometric system offered by Berthold has proven to be a superior long-term solution with no need for recalibration or maintenance.
- Improved control on the amount of beets or cane entering the process
- Optimum control of beet delivery
- Lowest cost of ownership
- Non-contacting measurement
- Not affected by varying belt tension, vibrations, bumps etc.
- No moving parts
- Easy to install on existing conveyors
- Stable and repeatable measurement, without the need for re-calibration