The main advantage compared to conventional weighing systems is that the radiometric belt weigher does not need to be recalibrated and provides reliable results during many years of operation. The system can be installed on belt conveyors, drag chain conveyors, screw conveyors, hence on all known conveyor types. Installations on existing boiler feeding lines are easily feasible.
Typical measurement arrangement on a screw conveyor.
Radiometric belt weigher measures the mass flow without contact. The results are stable over many years and frequent recalibrations are not necessary.
- Online, real-time process information
- Optimised boiler operation
- Ideal balancing of boiler feedstock
- reliable from start to finish
- Contactless measurement of wood chips or bark by gamma ray attenuation
- High repeatability, no need for frequent recalibrations
- Maintenance free
- Virtually no operational expenses
- Excellent measurement stability
- Not affected by varying belt tension, vibrations or bumps