Ready to meet your application needs
The new Lumat is athat uses state-of-the-art technology based on more than 40 years of experience engineering and designing luminometers. The luminometer supports all basic luminescence technologies including:
- Flash-type Luminescence
- Glow-type Luminescence
Luminescence detection at its best
Thanks to a stringent selection of photomultipliers working in photon counting mode and more than 40 years of experience building, the new Lumat offers excellent luminescence sensitivity: <1 zmol firefly luciferase and <1 amol ATP/tube (high sensitivity model) can be reliably detected.
JET injectors - highest accuracy, speed and cell-friendliness
The Lumat can be equipped with up to 2 JET injectors with variable volumes. The ultra-fast injection speed of JET-injectors eliminates any delay between injection and measurement and is critical to measure fast reactions, e.g. for flash luminescence measurements.
Berthold Technologies' JET injectors use Teflon bellows for accurate and fast injections and guarantee most efficient mixing as well as extreme longevity.
- Accurate pipetting of small volumina: regardless of whether you want to inject large or small volumes, JET injectors ensure high accuracy and more than 98% accuracy over the entire volume range
- Low maintenance costs: frictionless operation for extended lifetime
- Cell-friendly performance: cell-friendly materials and negligible shear forces enable worry-free injection of cell suspensions, e.g. in Aequorin-based
Convenient sample switching mechanism
The measurement of individual samples one after the other can be time-consuming. The Lumat has a turret mechanism that makes this job easier and increases your throughput. Thanks to its motor-driven revolving magazine mechanism based on a rotating chamber for two tubes (one for measuring and one for loading and unloading), so you can prepare and insert the next sample while the previous one is still measuring.
Convenient Software options
Berthold Technologies’ ICE software is a wizard-driven software that is very simple to use. There are several versions of ICE sotware available:
- ICE Research for single, dual and kinetics measurements.
- ICE Immunoassay for single measurements with curve fitting and cut-off evaluation.
- ICE Advanced to combine all capabilities of both ICE Research and Immunoassay.