- Simultaneous measurement of artificial alpha and beta aerosols
- Direct measurement of activities at the dusting site
- Compensation and measurement of natural radioactivity (Rn/Tn daughters)
- 3-way large area proportional detector with high alpha and beta efficiency
- Accumulation of aerosols on a 200 mm Ø large-area filter
- Continuous measurement and alarm check during dusting
- Energy-independent measurement method
- Independent of radon/thoron ratio
- Largely independent of the state of equilibrium of the radon/thoron derivatives (dependent on air extraction at the installation site)
LB 150 D-R
Application The Alpha-Beta-particulates monitor LB 150 D-R can be deployed for the measurement of airborne artificial Alpha and Beta activity in
- Nuclear facilities in the Nuclear fuel cycle and Fission product production
- Storage and processing of Nuclear waste products
- Hot Cell Labs
- Monitoring of Alpha emitting (transuranic) substances
The Particulates Monitor LB 150 D-R uses a fixed filter and is a true real time Monitor while collection, detection and evaluation are done simultaneously.
The very high sampling rate of 40 m³/h ensures a representative sampling for both Stack monitoring with Isokinetic extraction as well as Room or workplace air monitoring.
Particulates collection and Detector
The sampled air is drawn through an S-class glass fiber filter with 200 mm Ø. The detector, a large surface proportional counter with thin entrance window, is located directly above the collection area at a distance of 7 mm and measures the radiation intensity from Alpha and Beta decays.
The airtight particulates collection unit can be constructed in Stainless steel or in Teflon depending on the application.
|Pump||silent turbine pump|
|Filter disk||glas fiber filter, S-class No. 8, Ø 200 mm or equivalent|
0 to 50 °C
|Sample air temperature||up to 85°C|
|Humidity||max. 95 % rel. humidity|
|Type||3-fold Proportional counter tube GFDZ 200 in Sandwich construction|
|Lead shield||4 pi 2 cm (5 cm optional)|
|Gas consumption||approx. 2 l/h|