Traditional instrumentation, using DP cells, and capacitance probes have proven to be ineffective for this application, leading to false readings and causing high maintenance costs. Consequently a radiometric level measurement is used to control the pulp level in the standpipe – contactless and non-intrusive. The measurement is highly accurate and even quick level changes can be monitored reliably. As a result, the operation and efficiency of the pump can be improved as measurement performance is well beyond that of other technologies.
- Prevents cavitation of the pump
- Prevents underfilling
- Increased process safety
- Improved MC pump performance
- Rapid measurement response
- Contactless, non-intrusive level measurement
- Detectors and sources are mounted on the outside of the standpipe
- Highly repeatable measurement
- Unaffected by coating as is non-intrusive
SIL2 / SIL3 certification for continuous level measurement and level switch
SIL certified option
The SENSseries LB 480 detectors are certified for use in SIL2 applications. Even SIL3 is achieved with homogenous redundancy. The certificate covers all measurement applications, from high level or low level alarms to continuous level measurement. Thus safe operation of critical pulp and paper processes is guaranteed.