Accurate and repeatable milk of lime measurement
Concentration measurement and control of milk of lime is critical to ensure proper quality and cost stability. Naturally, thin juice contains impurities and non-sugar substances which are eliminated in the clearing process. The thin juice is cleaned by adding a known concentration of milk of lime. To control the right dosing of lime milk concentration, a Micro-Polar Brix measurement is used in many factories worldwide. On account of the sophisticated microwave technology, a highly reliable and repeatable concentration measurement is achieved to monitor and control the quality of the milk of lime. Multifrequency technology and reference cables for measurement stability are incorporated to ensure a consistent measurement result.
- Online density measurement
- Precise and representative real-time data for improved process control
- Optimum purification results
- Cost efficient use of lime stone
- Integrated reference line for disturbance-free measurement
- Reliable, accurate and repeatable measurement
- Easy installation and calibration
- State-of-the-art microwave measurement
- Very accurate and repeatable measurement
- Installation options for pipes and tanks
- Maintenance-free system
Milk of Lime (MOL) is a suspension of calcium hydroxide in water which is produced in the slaker. The ratio of quick lime and water should be maintained in a range to achieve a MOL with a nominal density of 22.5 °Be. With an online measurement, the process can be controlled and operated continuously, without expensive downtimes or delays. The LB 565 in combination with a container probe or a FlowCell is used in the slaker (or after the slaker) to control the optimal density of MOL thus increasing process efficiency.