The clinker is cooled as it is discharged from the rotary kiln onto a moving grate through which air is forced. The cooling is regulated by the feed rate and the amount of airflow. The quality of the clinker is directly affected by the cooling rate. Cooling too slowly results in larger crystaline structure, which requires more energy to complete the grinding process and can decrease product quality. Increasing airflow to the cooler ensures rapid cooling but also results in high energy costs and inefficiencies in other parts of the process. With an accurate measurement of the clinker level, the proper amount of clinker present on the cooler grates can be regulated. This leads to an optimized process and therefore generates cost savings.
- Contactless measurement
- Not exposed to harsh process conditions due to external mounting
- Free of wear and maintenance
- Lowest possible source activity through extreme sensitive detector design
- SuperSENS option, with industry leading sensitivity, can extend lifetime of an aged source
- No re-calibration due to unmatched stability and aging compensation
- Accurate and reliable measurement of clinker level
- Energy savings through process optimization
- Low maintanance costs
Clinker level detector
Whether it is the proven two-wire system using remote transmitters or the integrated field devices with HART or Bus protocol, Berthold’s level gauges provide patented technology ensuring long-term stability and temperature stability. This achieves a longlasting measurement stability that withstands even strong ambient temperature changes (up to 0.002% per °C).