Microwave transmission method
The microwave measurement system generates microwaves which interact with the water molecules due to the high dielectric constant. This interaction causes a decrease of the microwave energy, which can be detected as phase shift and attenuation. Since the phase shift and attenuation changes are directly proportional to the water content in the product, the concentration or dry content in the medium can be determined with high accuracy.
- Multifrequency technology for dynamic plausibility control of the raw signal
- Easy installation on existing conveyor belts or measuring shafts
- Signal quality management for the processing of measurement data
- Height and density compensation of non-homogeneous materials
Microwave resonance method
The measuring system generates an electromagnetic microwave field which interacts with water molecules due to their high dielectric constant. This interaction causes a weakening or change of the field, which can be detected as frequency shift and attenuation. Since the changes are directly proportional to the water content, the moisture or dry content of the product can be determined with high accuracy.
- Measurement of material moisture in real time
- Installation on silo walls, conveyor belts, shafts or screw conveyors
- Savings in energy costs during drying processes
- Selection of calibration data for 4 different products possible
- Integrated signal processing
Radiometric moisture measurement
The radiometric method of moisture measurement is based on the deceleration of fast neutrons by hydrogen atoms. The fast neutrons are essentially unaffected by other elements. To measure the moisture content, a source is used which emits fast neutrons. Due to the interaction with hydrogen atoms in the water molecules in the measured material, a cloud of slow neutrons is formed in the vicinity of the source.
- Representative measured values due to large measurement volume
- Not influenced by temperature, conductivity, pressure, pH value etc.
- Proven measurement technology with achievable accuracy of ±0.1 % moisture
- Various sensors for measurements in or through the vessel
- Cost-optimized production through real-time measurement
- Superior measurement technology „Made in Germany”
Simple and intuitive operation
- Easy installation, even on existing containers, conveyors, silos, tanks or measuring shafts
- Extremely representative, accurate and reliable measurement without recalibration
- Measurement of the entire material cross section
Online moisture measurement on bulk materials
The MicroPolar measures the moisture content of a wide variety of bulk solids online. The measurement takes place on the conveyor belt, bunker, silo, or on a shaft. The microwave transmission technology provides a noncontact measurement of the entire material cross-section. This results in an accurate and representative online measurement for quality assurance and process optimization.
Typical areas of application for all kind of bulk materials are found in mining, power plants, coking plants, chemistry, building materials, wood and paper industry.
Further information about our microwave transmission measurement
Moisture measurement in storage and weighing containers
This radiometric measuring technology measures the material moisture in storage and weighing containers. The system measures a large material volume (up to 1 m diameter), making the measurement representative, rather than a surface measurement. The moisture is measured from the outside of the vessel or through a modified wall section.
The measurement setup is extremely robust and has already proven itself in numerous difficult applications such as moisture measurement of coke, sinter, sand, gravel, calcareous sandstone, although it is not explosion proof rated. Once installed and calibrated, no further recalibration or maintenance is required.
For further information about our radiometric moisture measurement
Microwave resonator for moisture measurement
The LB 571 Microwave resonator for online measurement of moisture content in bulk materials is based on the resonance technology. The sensor with integrated signal processing unit can be used for a wide range of bulk materials in a moisture range of between 0 and 30 %. The robust design and the use of high-quality and wear-resistant materials ensure a high degree of operational reliability. The parts in contact with the media are made of ceramic or stainless steel and the electronic housing is made of corrosion-resistant aluminium. The LB 571 is therefore suitable for use in the food industry. Calibration is carried out directly on site, conveniently and quickly using the supplied PC software.
Further information about our microwave resonance measurement
Do you need help selecting the online moisture measurement system that best fits your industry and application?
Contact our worldwide network of engineers and service technicians for expert advice and support from initial inquiry through installation and eventual source reclamation!