Simplify your workflow
LightCompass® makes your everyday work simple and quick:
- Enter the plate layout of today's experiment or open an existing layout.
- Open an existing protocol or create a new one:
- Many preloaded LightCompass® protocols are available, and they include everything you need for your research: instrument settings, data analysis functions and export and printout settings. And you can also use them as template for new protocols!
- If you need a protocol that is not preloaded, you can create a new one using our protocol wizard, which will guide you through the whole process.
- If you prefer to control all details of the protocol, you can create a protocol from scratch at any time.
- Quickly analyze your results with the data analysis tools built-in in your protocol.
- When you have finished measuring and analysing your data, just print your results or export them to Excel or your LIMS.
Measure your samples
LightCompass® allows the flexible creation of measurement protocols, including dispensing of reagents, incubation and measurement with many different readout technologies. It supports all the measurement modes required by modern microplate readers:
- Repeated measures for long kinetics several days long
- Wavelenght scan
- Area scan
Different measurement modes can be combined in the same protocol.
Analyze your results
Data analysis is crucial to your workflow. LightCompass® has you covered with extensive data analysis capabilities for both quantitative and qualitative analysis:
- Definition of standard curves and curve fitting with different curve fitting algorithms to choose from: linear regression, polynomial regression, 4 parameter logistic, smoothed cubic spline, and more.
- Definition of thresholds for data classification in qualitative assays.
- Custom formulas to perform any operations needed.
Be confident on your data
With LightCompass® you can always trust your data:
- User management with different user levels and easy rights management.
- QC/Validation settings allow to set pass/fail criteria in any protocol to classify an assay run as valid.
- Improved data security: data can be saved in its own filesystem or in remote SQL servers to prevent unwanted manipulation.
- Audit Trail records all actions performed about the usage of the software, actions concerning data recording and manipulation, creation and modification of protocols, and more.
- The software is compliant with EU GMP Annex 11 and FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
Thanks to the built-in protocols and the flexibility to create new ones, LightCompass® is the perfect tool for a broad range of applications:
- Nucleic acid and protein quantification
- Reporter gene assays
- Dose-response assays
- Kinetic assays
- TR-FRET and HTRF®
- And more