Simple and intuitive operation
- Highest reliability
- Very robust
- Applicable for all mold types
State of the art technology
- Virtually unlimited measuring ranges possible
- Automatic voltage control and self-diagnostics
- Minimum source activity due to highly sensitive detectors
- Consistant high accuracy over the entire measurement range
LB 6739 perfect for standard applications
- Slim design, low space requirements
- CsI crystal with high sensitivity for gamma radiation
- Highly durable against mechanical shocks and vibrations due to elastic bedding of crystal and photomultiplier.
LB 6752 for demanding applications
- Large polymer scintillator for increased sensitivity and precision
- Allow for lower source activities
- For use of smaller and cost-efficient shields
LB 6760 with solid state silicon photomultiplier
- Extremely robust detector due to innovative silicon solid state photomultiplier technology
- Electromagnetic immune to breaks or stirrers
- High sensitivity (similar as LB 6739)
Designed for all casting applications
GAMMAcast detectors are characterized by their excellent sensitivity, leading to a significant reduction in source size. The robust detector design and the PlugProtect cable connection ensure highest mechanical stability and longest lifetime.
As a direct request from several customers in the steel industry, we also offer a shorter version of the LB 6760 GAMMAcast detector.
Measuring the steel level in continuous casting
Radiometric based mould level measurement is the dominating technology for measuring the steel level in continuous casting. Herein we discuss performance, statistical variation, influencing factors, source selection, and a recent development that enables the simultaneous measurement of casting powder layer thickness.