- No delay in the evaluation of radiation activity
- Overleaf Lead shielding of detector unit and dusting surface
- The large width of the filter belt enables a high air throughput of 25 m³/h and thus high detection sensitivity
- Filter transport can be carried out either stepwise or continuously
- The detector is located directly above the dusting surface and measures the radiation activity so that there are no delays in the evaluation
- The dusting surface and the detector unit are shielded by a lead shield in 4 Pi geometry
- Optionally, a measuring position delayed by up to 120 h (5 days) can be equipped with a detector, so that even artificial beta activity concentrations below 1 mBq/m³ can be detected fully automatically
- Optionally, the filter band monitor can be combined with iodine and/or noble gas monitors in the same 19" cabinet
BAI 9100 D
- The Filter transport can be continuous or stepwise. The filter tape is led over a slotted capstan drive through which the sampling air is drawn. This ensures a uniform dust collection with a continuous smooth filter advance without risk of rupturing the filter.
- The detector is mounted directly over the dust collection area and promptly measures the particulates radioactivity.
- The dust collection and detector assembly is shielded by an enveloping 4pi lead shield. This results in a low intrinsic background and small ambient radiation Sensitivity. Should this not be sufficient in strong to compensate the influence.
- The large collection area allows a high flow rate of 25 m³/h hence low detection limits.
- As an Option a delayed measurement can be offered which measures the activity on the filter 120 h (5 days) after collection, virtually eliminating any Radon progeny influence from the result which results in Detection limits for artificial Beta activities lower than 1 mBq/m³.
The Moving Filter
|Filter transport||continuous or stepwise|
|Dust collection area||4π lead shild|
|Flow rate||25 m³/h|
|Measuring range||< 1 mBq/m³|
|Structural shape||19” casette, IP68|
|Construction material||alu side & backplate, plexi cover front|
suited for temperatures up to 45°C
equipped with a maintenance free lateral blower pump
Continuous filter speed
|10 mm/h (based on DIN 25482)|
|Current outputs||0/4-20 mA LIN/LOG|
|Current inputs||0/4-20 mA|
|RS232/V24 or other|