Both bagasse and beet pulp contain a certain amount of water, which needs to be measured in order to ensure continuity and downstream process quality.
The Berthold microwave systems are applied to determine online moisture with a noncontacting measurement on conveyor belts or chutes. Thus, the customer receives representative, in-situ moisture information for optimized process control. Due to the lack of contact, the measurement components are not subject to wear and tear – resulting in maintenance-free operation and long operational life.
- Accurate determination of dry substance / residual moisture content
- Reliable control of downstream processes
- Precise and representative real-time data
- Compliant with product quality requirements and customer contracts
- Noncontact, nonintrusive measurement using state-of-the-art microwave technology
- Online determination of dry substance
- Highly representative as the entire cross section is measured
- Compensation of varying height or bulk density available for enhanced measurement performance
- Maintenance-free operation, without wear and tear