The main advantage of Berthold's bulk flow meter when compared to conventional weighing systems, is that it does not need to be recalibrated, and provides reliable results over many years of operation. The system can be installed on all conveyor types, e.g. belt conveyors, drag chain conveyors, and screw conveyors. Adding a meter onto existing boiler feeding lines is very feasible.
Typical measurement arrangement on a screw conveyor.
Radiometric belt weigher measures the mass flow without contact. The results are stable over many years and frequent recalibrations are not necessary.
- Online, real-time process information
- Optimised boiler operation
- Ideal balancing of boiler feedstock
- Reliable from start to finish
- Contactless measurement of wood chips or bark
- High repeatability, no need for recalibrations
- Virtually no operational expenses
- Excellent measurement stability
- Not affected by varying belt tension, vibrations, or bumps