The detection of the K-40 requires an extremely sensitive and stable measurement system, which must be capable of suppressing the inherent background radiation in order to obtain an optimal signal-to-noise ratio. Through the detection of K-40, the concentration of K2O or KCl can be measured. Berthold has the perfect solution for this challenging task, providing accurate potassium measurements with the. The system is noncontacting, which virtually eliminates maintenance and costly downtime. Highly sensitive, stable and rugged detectors are fundamental in achieving a precise and accurate measurement.
- Real-time feedback on potassium content and, thus, on material purification progress
- Online display in %KCl or %K2O
- No corrosion, as detectors are noncontact and have a stainless-steel housing
- Wear-resistant and maintenance-free as measurement is contactless
- Easy installation on existing vessels
- Can be mounted inside a dip pipe in a tank or on the surface of tanks, conveyors, or pipes
- Different detector types allow for optimal measurements in different applications
- Highly accurate and repeatable
- Outstanding sensitivity
- Proven industrial measurement technology
- High measurement stability with patented gain control
In the potash industry, it is important to use robust and reliable measuring devices. This article published in the journal
The LB 474 potassium analyser uses three different types of detectors depending on the process conditions and the mechanical arrangement.
When maximum sensitivity is required, Berthold’s is used. Due to its compact design this is the ideal solution for maximum sensitivity.
For surface mounted applications on vessels or belts typically maximum sensitivity combined with high stability is required. Here Berthold’s dedicated potassium detector with its large is the preferred solution.
For tanks with suspension, the better solution is an immersion tube installed in the center of the tank. In the immersion tube you can either install the immersion type of the SuperSENS or, if immersion tubes with smaller diameters are required, Berthold‘s is the right choice. The signal-to-noise ratio of this arrangement is unrivalled and therefore offers unmatched accuracy and measurement stability.
Surface mount probe
Accuracy approx.+/- 0.05%K₂O
Insertion into dip tube
Accuracy approx.+/- 0.045%K₂O
Conveyor belt mounting
Accuracy approx. 0.5…0.7%K₂O belt load dependent