In the extractor, there is an interface between the solvent and the extracted asphaltenes. This interface is typically not a clean interface, with a gradient change in density where the two products of different densities separate.The level is typically measured by means of a float or differential pressure. Other technologies measure the physical characteristics of the fluids. If the physical characteristics change slightly, this leads to errors in the level measurement.
LEARN FROM OUR EXPERTS about how to optimize your radiometric steel level measurement to increase accuracy, profitability and safety. Our top minds will take you through finding solutions to the challenges faced when measuring the steel level.
- Increased productivity and quality
- Optimized costs
- Can be used for all mold formats
- Can also be offered with continuous mold powder level measurement
- Reliable and extremely robust mold level measurement
- Radiometric based measurement
- Can be applied for all mold formats
- Fully compatible with electromagnetic stirrers or breaks
- Extremely short cycle time of 5 ms
- Mold powder measurement cycle of 0.5 s
- Most widely used system for mold level measurement in the world
Measuring the steel level in continuous casting
Radiometric based mould level measurement is the dominating technology for measuring the steel level in continuous casting. Herein we discuss performance, statistical variation, influencing factors, source selection, and a recent development that enables the simultaneous measurement of casting powder layer thickness.