The amount of sugar beets or sugar cane is measured as it enters the production site. Typically, a radiometric bulk flow meter is installed prior to the washing plants. This measures the mass flow of the sugar beets/sugar cane very reliably by using noncontact nonintrusive radiometric technology. Additionally, it can be used directly after unloading of the beets or cane to monitor the amount of product delivered. When compared to conventional belt scales, the radiometric system offered by Berthold has proven to be a superior long-term solution with no need for recalibration or maintenance.
- Improved control on the amount of beets or cane entering the process
- Optimum control of beet delivery
- Lowest cost of ownership
- Non-contacting measurement
- Not affected by varying belt tension, vibrations, bumps etc.
- No moving parts
- Easy to install on existing conveyors
- Stable and repeatable measurement, without the need for re-calibration