Our solutions for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) research help you to automate and standardize repetitive steps around the development and performance of in vitro microplate assays. We are ready to support your research by offering various technologies and system solutions that can help you to develop new treatments and vaccines against COVID-19 faster.
What's the best solution for your needs? Talk to our experts to find out. We will do everything possible to meet your needs and expedite high-need shipments. We are here to help!
NEW APPLICATION NOTE
The detection of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 in the blood of individuals and the associated infections is very valuable for both, research and diagnostics. In this Application Note we describe the automation of the Virotech SARS-CoV-2 IgG ELISA with the Crocodile 5-in-one ELISA miniWorkstation, which offers a convenient solution for the detection of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
PSEUDOVIRUS NEUTRALIZATION ASSAYS
The Pseudovirus Neutralization Assay is frequently used in virology since it is a useful tool for measuring the viral infection rate and hence, the effectiveness of antibodies or drugs that block the virus from entering cells. It has become a hot topic in SARS-CoV-2 research recently. Learn more about this method and about the instruments required to measure it.
Basic and Preclinical Research
In order to understand the mechanisms of infection and immunity required to control COVID-19, a broad range of technologies is needed.
Microplate Readers from Berthold Technologies are flexible instruments and suitable for many relevant methods, such as:
- Luminescent reporter viruses, including Pseudovirus Neutralization Assays.
- Interaction studies using BRET, FRET and TR-FRET.
- ELISA of viral antigens or host antibodies.
Automated Systems from Berthold Technologies allow unattended automation of most microplate-based assays, such as:
- ELISA of viral antigens or host antibodies.
- Chemiluminescence- or fluorescence- based immunoassays.
- Assessment of immune response using ELISpot.
Development of tests, drugs and vaccines
Development of vaccines, drugs and other therapeutic tools involves many different tasks, from immunogen characterization to evaluation of the immune response or screening of compounds, viral antigens or antibodies. Our microplate readers provide high flexibility and performance for all your detection needs. In addition, we provide automated all-in-one ELISA systems that allow you to walk away from your tedious immunoassays and concentrate on other important activities.
Such projects may also involve using cell-based assays for the screening of antibodies, antigens or compounds. This often requires washing and dispensing large quantities of cells growing in microplates. Our high-throughput microplate washers can be used for the gentle wash of adherent cells and, thanks to its built-in stacker, can wash batches of 30 plates, quickly and efficiently.
Manufacturing & QC
Once an ELISA test has been developed, tested and optimized, it is necessary to manufacture the kits to be deployed in laboratories around the globe. This requires the coating of microplates with the antigens or antibodies of interest, for example, SARS-CoV-2 antigens to make a serological test. Plate coating involves dispensing and washing large numbers of microplates.
The Zoom HT Plate Coating System is a high-throughput washer and dispenser which, thanks to its integrated stackers with single-rail design, can coat or block up to 250 plates/hour, and wash up to 150 plates/hour (3 washes/plate).
Quality Control is of utmost importance in any manufacturing process. The concentration of the product can be verified using absorbance, fluorescence or luminescence, which may be reliably measured using our microplate readers.
Many tests used to study the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 in blood are based on the ELISA principle. While performing an ELISA takes considerably more time than a rapid test, some ELISA tests are quantitative, and hence more informative.
Automated ELISA systems reduce hands-on time and human error when performing an ELISA. The Crocodile 5-in-one is a simple solution to automate ELISA in low-throughput laboratories.
For laboratories manually performing ELISA, the Apollo 11 is a reliable ELISA reader which uses a long-life LED light source.
Recommended instruments and solutions
Tristar 5 Multimode Reader
High performance and flexibility for interaction and reporter assays
- Advanced detection modes: Absorbance, Fluorescence (including FRET), Luminescence (including BRET), Time-Resolved Fluorescence (including TR-FRET/HTRF®) and Fluorescence Polarisation
- Uncompromised performance of all detection modes: ONE-4-ALL optics combining the stability and user-friendliness of a multimodal optical system with the sensitivity and versatility of dedicated optical devices.
- Flexibility and sensitivity: FlexTech optics that allow you to freely combine filters and variable-bandwidth monochromators.
- Best-in-class luminescence performance
- Ultra-fast and precise injection: up to 3 cell-friendly injectors with JET injection technology
- Meeting your regulatory needs: compliant with 21 CFR part 11 (with MikroWin Advanced optional software)
Zoom HT Microplate Washer
High throughput washer-dispenser for cell washing, ELISA coating and more.
- High-throughput washing: integrated stackers and single-rail design: up to 150 plates/h (3 washes/plate)
- Cell-friendly: angled dispense tips and highly configurable wash parameters
- Low maintenance: unique self-emptying liquid discharge system reduces maintenance
- Biohazard waste management: automatic addition of a decontamination solution
- Flexibility: handles up to 4 different wash buffers
Simple walk-away automation for ELISA and other microplate-based assays
- Ultra-compact design: smallest ELISA workstation on the market. Only 26.5 cm wide.
- Convenient: simple ELISA automation for laboratories with low to medium throughput
- All-in-one system: Washing, dispensing, incubation, shaking and absorbance reading
- Open system software: adapts to both, your commercial and your custom assays
- 21 CFR part 11 compliance: with MikroWin Advanced (optional software)
Apollo ELISA Reader
Robust and reliable ELISA reader for all absorbance applications in the visible range
Intuitive standalone operation: the intuitive 7‘’ colour touchscreen operation enables you to quickly set up your plate and analyse your samples without the need for a separate computer.
Wavelength range: 340 to 750 nm covers a broad range of applications.
Fast measurement: read your plate in just 6 seconds (fast mode).
- Optical flexibility: 405, 450, 492 and 630 nm filters preinstalled, plus 4 empty positions for custom filters
- Precision & repeatability: precise mechanics, quality optics and auto-control guarantee unrivalled repeatability of measurements
Please find some selected papers to learn how our instrument solutions have been used in SARS-CoV-2 research.
We are committed to keeping you informed on our efforts throughout the course of this pandemic to minimize disruption to the work and operations of our customers and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on public health. Learn more about our efforts in these areas.